Friday, February 25, 2011

2011 Blackboard Exemplary Course Program Evaluation

Besides the normal weekly readings/activities, my course instructor afforded me with a great opportunity to participate as a peer reviewer in the annual Blackboard Exemplary Course Program (BBECP).

The program provides an opportunity for instructors using BB to showcase their work, have it reviewed by volunteer course evaluators and in turn, be recognized for exemplary achievements.

Although I have never designed or developed an online course before, I have taken one in past so I had an idea of what types of things work well. Not to mention, an online training session was provided by the BBECP administrators to provide further support in completing the review process (filling out a detailed rubric and feedback form).

Completing the detailed review took some time, but in the end, I’m really glad I decided to do it. The experience provided me with excellent background knowledge so that if I do have the opportunity to design/develop an online course in the future, I’ll have an idea of best practices.

The review I completed with my instructor can be viewed here (for confidentiality, all personal details including that of my instructor and the course we reviewed have been omitted): 2011 BBECP Review (http://bit.ly/eDGfkT)

For those interested in participating in the BBECP in the future, you can find more info here: Blackboard Exemplary Course Program Information

(http://www.blackboard.com/Platforms/Learn/Support/Communities/Exemplary-Courses.aspx)

No comments:

Post a Comment