Monday, May 2, 2011

Photoshop Essentials Workshop #1 (April 30, 2011)

They’re offering a 3-week Photoshop workshop on campus so, being I have limited knowledge in using the software, I thought it would be beneficial to attend.

The first session was a basic introduction to the various functions found in the software. We actually created three different pieces which you can find below.

The first piece (the blue and white ship) uses a technique known as contrasting.
The second piece (London text over photo) was done using a layer masking technique. This technique is commonly used in postcard printing.
The third piece (4 London photos) uses a colorization technique. Andy Warhol (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andy_Warhol) was especially known for using this style.

At the moment, I am fairly confident as all three were pretty easy to make. However, what the instructor has planned for the future sessions may not be so simple so I’m keeping my fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment